Pearhead Belly Casting Kit, White

  • Cherish your special pregnancy journey with Pearhead's keepsake belly casting kit
  • Create a cast of your baby bump with easy to use kit
  • Decorate the cast with paint or use belly cast as a fun guest book keepsake by having friends sign the finished product at a baby shower
  • You'll receive everything you need to create this special pregnancy keepsake. Kit includes 5 rolls of plaster tape, belly casting lubricant, plastic drop cloth, non-latex gloves and a sanding screen
  • Use easy 4-step instructions to create your mold
  • Includes (5) rolls of plaster tape, belly casting lubricant, plastic drop cloth, non-latex gloves and sanding screen
  • Non-toxic

So, I had to buy two of these because I tried to do it with my partner and we failed terribly he isn't the brightest lol and didn't cut enough strips so when we tried to do it again we didn't have enough at all, but once I bought the second one I ended up trying to do it by myself and it was perfect the first time it definitely is a two person job as it's a lot of work but it can be done by yourself if you really have to! Update: this is the finished product on the second photo ❤️

This kit was very easy to use. The only thing i would do differently is use olive oil or a stretch mark belly butter on my skin before doing the casting. They provide a petroleum based jelly & it took forever to wash off afterwards. They also don't provide a way to hang it in the casting kit- so you either have to make something on your own or buy the decorating kit. My cast turned out super cute! I highly recommend doing a belly cast!

My oldest daughter did my cast, and she did a great job. It is a messy process, but I think that was fun for her. It was easy to wipe off the floor and chair when we were done. It didn’t take very long to dry, but I suggest leaving it out and in an open space for a day or two to harden. The only thing I wish it came with was a hook so it could be hung or mounted on the wall. Other than that, I would say it was a great purchase.

We had so much fun doing this belly cast. Had way more than enough supplies to do it. So easy. Made a great cast mold. Would deck definitely recommend this cast to anyone looking to do a belly mold!!! Warm water is key to smoothing it out. And always cut manageable strips. To make shaping easier

I enjoyed doing my belly cast, there was more than enough with the 5 rolls supplied. I made the cast in the pictures & another of just my belly for a different project I am doing, so I basically got 2 molds out of one box. I also had a little bit of plaster roll left over. I am going to buy more products to thicken it & smooth it out so I can design it but I am very happy with my purchase & experience with this product. Go for it!

Very easy to use and came out great! Here's a few tips I learned in the process... 1. Less water will make it dry quicker. 2. If you choose to do breasts and want more support, you can use a bra, saran wrap, or lift your hands above your arms (just work quickly if you this method). Your bra can be washed but might not be quite the same so don't use your favorite one. 3. Dont put plaster water down the drain. If it gets on your clothes, let it dry and pick most of it off before washing. 4. Save a roll (or more) of the plaster gauze. After 1 day of letting it dry, lightly sand, trim edges, and do touch ups. You can see where it is very thin by holding it up to the light and also by feeling where it is less sturdy. Also cut some strips the long way for the edges of the cast. This is important!! 5. For tight areas like under the breasts, cut strips in half the long way. Have fun!!

My family had a good time doing this together. Our 7yo was especially excited and into it, our 3yo was excited too, but she’s 3. We are not very cratfty or artistic people and we pulled it off pretty well I think. A couple tips: dip the strip and get it to the belly quickly, you don’t want it to be soaking in the water because the plaster becomes unevenly distributed and it’s harder to make it smooth. I wore a bra and it worked just fine, but check out pictures on Instagram of #bellycasting first to see how others handled it more artistically at the bra. I wouldn’t have changed the bra part (because this is my 3rd and my boobs are huge and saggy and I wanted them lifted a bit for the cast 🤷🏻♀️), but I would have shaped the strips a bit differently on my bra. Lastly, we used olive oil instead of the petroleum jelly it comes with and it was perfect. Fun family bonding activity and we have a memory of my sweet bump!

this kit was simple to use! the drop cloth was so big I was able to cute it in half and cover the floor, counter, and cabinets in my bathroom.. i did the cast on myself so it was a bit tricky, but i made it work.. i have plenty of material left.. once my original cast is dry and the wrinkles are sanded (because i casted myself with no help there were wrinkles) I will use the extra to reinforce weak spots and smooth everything out.. This was a fun little project to keep myself busy at 40 weeks pregnant! it took about 2 hours from set up to clean up.. I would say 30 minute set up, 45min-1 hour was spent actually casting; and 30-45 minutes cleaning up and showering off all that vaseline.. get all your strips cut before you start.. i did 6", 12", and 18" strips and cut some in half long ways to be thinner.. I also had scissors right there so i could cut smaller pieces toward the end as i put on the finishing touches..

It was on my bucket list to make a belly cast but I thought we were done having kids. To my surprise, we were blessed with another baby and being the procrastinator that I am, I waited to the last moment to figure out how to do it. This kit was a life saver, it has everything you need to get it done. I’m 5’5” and at the time of casting I was 215lbs rocking size XL maternity pants and a 36DDD to give you a size reference- and we had materials left over. It turned out great.

Wonderful kit! So easy to do, I did it all by myself. I suggest measuring the biggest part of your belly and cutting 3 size strips, large, medium, and small... Using a baking sheet, I added water and dipped each piece into the water and applied over belly. There was plenty of plaster strips so my cast is nice and thick!!! Instead of using vasaline, I used organic coconut oil so the plaster wouldn't stick to me. It wasn't very messy for me at all, but I'm very artistic and creative naturally. It took me an hour from start to finish. And it dried quickly which was awesome! I had a great time and would highly recommend this product to all expecting momma's!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tiêu chuẩn chấm điểm cà phê xanh mới đến từ Papua New Guinea